Whatever next?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I see in the BMF mag that they have finaly done an article about vnuk the .gov 'consultation' ended 1st May, and with all the current political stuff it is well below the radar, however something has to be done very soon. So the BMF seems to think that .gov will exclude toys, farm tractors, racing cars and bikes, ride on mowers and wheel chairs from the EU compulsory insurance sillyness. BUT that means lots of claims (and lot of frauds!) will be passed to the motor insurance bureau (just like uninsured drivers) and that means higher insurance premiums for us all. Of course in two years time at the end of the Brexit negotations when perhaps we can make our own laws again the legislation could revert back to the current 'road traffic only' situation and "perhaps" the premiums will reduce again.
Of course thats just the BMF's take on the situation. Its government by mushroom here, keep us in the dark and apply manure at regular intervals.

vibrac

VOC Member
While the vnuk pot is still boiling another EU strand the roadworthyness testing is also coming up to boil the latest seems to be that the prefered option is anything 40 years old will not need testing 'so long as they have not been substatially modified' but what that means is anyones guess so if you have fitted a non standard brake dont sell the standard set.
It is amazing that here we are in Brexit mode and yet "Vnuk" and "roadworthness" are still snapping at our heels the mind of a civil servant is indeed a strange country.

vibrac

VOC Member
Well still the faceless ones ponder our future but some movement is noticable
they have noticed that Motorsport could be decimated and that perhaps it may be difficult to police sorned vehicles for insurance and fraud and insurance premiums could increase out of sight. However to be fair I belive that the gov.uk has always recognised this, its the EU that is always out of touch and recognition is not acceptance
Remember there is no motorsport in Finland at the amature level thanks to this culture

heavy reading just released here
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/motor-insurance-consideration-of-the-vnuk-judgment

vibrac

VOC Member
On a lighter note
I have an unfinished project (don't we all?) I guess its been sitting for ten years its a Trigrumph I have had the Greeves part at least 30 years with red v5 anyway with the doors of bureaucracy closing I thought that I had better register a change of engine (its a 500 5T)so I sent off the change to the DVLA back came a letter wanting receipt of purchase confirming engine details, or inspection report for insurance,or a written conformation from Meriden (some hope), or written conformation of change from a independent garage (what's a garage?) anyway I thought a VMCC certificate of date of engine would cover me (both frame and engine are 1958 (a good year) so thats what I did.
But the real one liner was this gem at the end of the letter
"Please note:very few manufacturers produce an engine size of exactly 499 if your evidence does not provide an accurate engine size we may reject it"

In the end I did not reply to DVLA because after spending £25 on a certificate from the VMCC I had to wait quite a few weeks for it to be delivered and when it finally arrived, in the post box with the certificate was .... my new V5

Strange and varied are the ways of the DVLA

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You are in the know !, What are we going to do in 2040 ?, When no new petrol cars are to be made in UK, Does that mean there will only be Bikes ?,
My Wife says I won't be here, She hopes !!. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
You are in the know !, What are we going to do in 2040 ?, When no new petrol cars are to be made in UK, Does that mean there will only be Bikes ?,
My Wife says I won't be here, She hopes !!. Cheers Bill.
Easy, fit a generator,motor in the dynamo slot so the electric motor can drive the bike with valve lifter in then you can claim its a hybrid petrol electric vehicle and thus is exempt :rolleyes:

takahe

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Going back to France and gloves, the gloves to be worn in France theoretically have to be N.F. French norm, nothing to do with EU. however as a resident the chances of being pulled for wearing non NF is slim to none. The same as with the breathalyser comedy.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
Going back to France and gloves, the gloves to be worn in France theoretically have to be N.F. French norm, nothing to do with EU. however as a resident the chances of being pulled for wearing non NF is slim to none. The same as with the breathalyser comedy.
Possibly you may need to write to the French authorities seeking clarification of the precautions they want you to take. Now would that be a French Letter????????