• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Whatever next?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I see in the BMF mag that they have finaly done an article about vnuk the .gov 'consultation' ended 1st May, and with all the current political stuff it is well below the radar, however something has to be done very soon. So the BMF seems to think that .gov will exclude toys, farm tractors, racing cars and bikes, ride on mowers and wheel chairs from the EU compulsory insurance sillyness. BUT that means lots of claims (and lot of frauds!) will be passed to the motor insurance bureau (just like uninsured drivers) and that means higher insurance premiums for us all. Of course in two years time at the end of the Brexit negotations when perhaps we can make our own laws again the legislation could revert back to the current 'road traffic only' situation and "perhaps" the premiums will reduce again.
Of course thats just the BMF's take on the situation. Its government by mushroom here, keep us in the dark and apply manure at regular intervals.

vibrac

VOC Member
While the vnuk pot is still boiling another EU strand the roadworthyness testing is also coming up to boil the latest seems to be that the prefered option is anything 40 years old will not need testing 'so long as they have not been substatially modified' but what that means is anyones guess so if you have fitted a non standard brake dont sell the standard set.
It is amazing that here we are in Brexit mode and yet "Vnuk" and "roadworthness" are still snapping at our heels the mind of a civil servant is indeed a strange country.

vibrac

VOC Member
Well still the faceless ones ponder our future but some movement is noticable
they have noticed that Motorsport could be decimated and that perhaps it may be difficult to police sorned vehicles for insurance and fraud and insurance premiums could increase out of sight. However to be fair I belive that the gov.uk has always recognised this, its the EU that is always out of touch and recognition is not acceptance
Remember there is no motorsport in Finland at the amature level thanks to this culture

heavy reading just released here
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/motor-insurance-consideration-of-the-vnuk-judgment

vibrac

VOC Member
On a lighter note
I have an unfinished project (don't we all?) I guess its been sitting for ten years its a Trigrumph I have had the Greeves part at least 30 years with red v5 anyway with the doors of bureaucracy closing I thought that I had better register a change of engine (its a 500 5T)so I sent off the change to the DVLA back came a letter wanting receipt of purchase confirming engine details, or inspection report for insurance,or a written conformation from Meriden (some hope), or written conformation of change from a independent garage (what's a garage?) anyway I thought a VMCC certificate of date of engine would cover me (both frame and engine are 1958 (a good year) so thats what I did.
But the real one liner was this gem at the end of the letter
"Please note:very few manufacturers produce an engine size of exactly 499 if your evidence does not provide an accurate engine size we may reject it"

In the end I did not reply to DVLA because after spending £25 on a certificate from the VMCC I had to wait quite a few weeks for it to be delivered and when it finally arrived, in the post box with the certificate was .... my new V5

Strange and varied are the ways of the DVLA

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You are in the know !, What are we going to do in 2040 ?, When no new petrol cars are to be made in UK, Does that mean there will only be Bikes ?,
My Wife says I won't be here, She hopes !!. Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
You are in the know !, What are we going to do in 2040 ?, When no new petrol cars are to be made in UK, Does that mean there will only be Bikes ?,
My Wife says I won't be here, She hopes !!. Cheers Bill.
Easy, fit a generator,motor in the dynamo slot so the electric motor can drive the bike with valve lifter in then you can claim its a hybrid petrol electric vehicle and thus is exempt :rolleyes:

takahe

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
Going back to France and gloves, the gloves to be worn in France theoretically have to be N.F. French norm, nothing to do with EU. however as a resident the chances of being pulled for wearing non NF is slim to none. The same as with the breathalyser comedy.

MartynG

VOC Member
Going back to France and gloves, the gloves to be worn in France theoretically have to be N.F. French norm, nothing to do with EU. however as a resident the chances of being pulled for wearing non NF is slim to none. The same as with the breathalyser comedy.
Possibly you may need to write to the French authorities seeking clarification of the precautions they want you to take. Now would that be a French Letter????????

vibrac

VOC Member
Its not a place I often visit but I bet there are a few Vincents there. Its a little town called London where soon it will cost you over £12 a day to ride your Vincent, did I see something in MPH?, or the VMCC magazine? or the BMF which we as a club support?
Glad I haven got shares in the Ace cafe consortium -or isthat outside the emissions area?

david bowen

VOC Member
All you London guys should sell your Vincents the market is going to crash ? but the price of the Ace will go up, I think Vincents are better then Bricks and mortar

ossie

VOC Member
theres a joke about a shark just about to devour a poorly squid when great white shark turns up looking for a debt hes owed and the first shark says here,s that sick squid I owe you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david bowen

VOC Member
A little city like Singapore has had this system for the last 40 years with great success and every body is happy and the country very wealthy, why would you want to ride a motor cycle in the middle of a city, lets hear something positive for a change, (being so happy keeps some people going ? )

vibrac

VOC Member
This is not intended as a 'cheer up everything is rosey' thread I just point out threats to our pastime when they stop so will this thread
As regards the London charge I would think any owner who lives in London may be interested as would any event organiser

MartynG

VOC Member
What "Threats' are you refering to? As I understand it the congestion charge applies to all road users - are you saying that in the past you had a privledged position and did not pay it??? Lets keep things in perspective, you are on about a flea on an elephants backside! The population of London is around 9 million and how many of those ride Vincents within London as a regular thing? 50? 100? Lets say 200 (which I think will be way over the real number) thats 200 out of 9 million or 0.002% Jolly small flea! The Elephant is 125,000 times bigger than it!

Now consider that the VOC is a global association and the globe has a population of around 7.5 Billion - That population of 200 Vincent riders becomes an unmeasurably small flea on the elephant.

Just take the TOTAL Global membership of the VOC - what percentage of them garage their Vincents inside London??? Without even doing the math - I think yet again the flea is bound to be tiny.

Actually I think the bigest threat to our pastime come from those within it. Those who hoard classic bikes of all makes and rarely if ever ride them. So let us have bit less of the negative and something just a wisker more on the positive side promoting the use of our bikes - never know a change of tone may even increase forum use and VOC membership.

vibrac

VOC Member
Virbac tell your local MP your problem , the rest of the Vincent world have there own problems like Irma
David .Dont you think I do? its not my problem its OUR problem. And do you think burying your head in the sand is what the 'rest' of the Vincent world or more importantly the motorcycle world is doing? All the items I have mentioned on this thread from construction modifications, vnuk, compulsory clothing, to restrictions on use,' are threats to riding your Vincent (I can understand disinterest in some cases because at the moment they are safe in Museums). I am an individual member of the BMF, the club contributes and is itself a member of the the BMF and many senior members of our club also also support organisations (at a high level) who try and protect our rights. The VOC has a proud history in supporting rider rights I would not like to see that change. "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" is still true.

david bowen

VOC Member
Vibrac , the out side UK would not know who the Bmf is,we look after all our own problems, we are international, we do not try to solve our problems through the UK,

vibrac

VOC Member
Vibrac , the out side UK would not know who the Bmf is,we look after all our own problems, we are international, we do not try to solve our problems through the UK,
I agree with you I would not expect you to. You have your AMC inc (No relation to matchless and AJS:)) in your adopted country http://www.amc.asn.au/web/ I try to only speak on this thread about issues that affect UK but I am sure they have echoes of suppression on other continents so I hope you support AMC

Latest Forum Threads