Misc: Ignition what unit is this?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was asked what ignition unit this is Its obviously for a Vincent but its not one I have seen before anyone know?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Not trying to state the obvious but it appears to have a tachometer drive on it. At first I thought it was a Hegeler unit that does ignition and generator but when I went looking it wasn't. Does it have any other markings other than the U08/2?
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
Not trying to state the obvious but it appears to have a tachometer drive on it. At first I thought it was a Hegeler unit that does ignition and generator but when I went looking it wasn't. Does it have any other markings other than the U08/2?
Steven
No I think it must be Francois Grosset because when I looked up 'Francois' as mentioned in the first reply I see someone alluded to the fact he made an ignition unit I will pass on that information and hope they can get some fitting/timing information for it

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
No I think it must be Francois Grosset because when I looked up 'Francois' as mentioned in the first reply I see someone alluded to the fact he made an ignition unit I will pass on that information and hope they can get some fitting/timing information for it

Tim,
This is what I got with mine.
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• distributor fitting.doc
    113 KB · Views: 77