• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Misc: Ignition what unit is this?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I was asked what ignition unit this is Its obviously for a Vincent but its not one I have seen before anyone know?

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Not trying to state the obvious but it appears to have a tachometer drive on it. At first I thought it was a Hegeler unit that does ignition and generator but when I went looking it wasn't. Does it have any other markings other than the U08/2?
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
Not trying to state the obvious but it appears to have a tachometer drive on it. At first I thought it was a Hegeler unit that does ignition and generator but when I went looking it wasn't. Does it have any other markings other than the U08/2?
Steven
No I think it must be Francois Grosset because when I looked up 'Francois' as mentioned in the first reply I see someone alluded to the fact he made an ignition unit I will pass on that information and hope they can get some fitting/timing information for it

Dave61

VOC Member
No I think it must be Francois Grosset because when I looked up 'Francois' as mentioned in the first reply I see someone alluded to the fact he made an ignition unit I will pass on that information and hope they can get some fitting/timing information for it
Tim,
This is what I got with mine.
Cheers
Dave

Attachments