• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

What oil do you put in your chaincase?

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I use ATF, in the hope that it would reduce the tendency of my (fully wet) V3 clutch to have the plates stick together overnight. It hasn't, but having used it in gearboxes for years, thought it was probably OK for chains etc. So far, so good. However there are a bewildering variety of ATF fluids around now, has anyone any idea what is best? Or at least, doesn't eat bearings, like EP90 GL5.........

R

Rap998

Tom,
I use SAE 15 fork oil (ROC OIL). I buy it from the Yamaha shop in Aberdeen which always has it in stock.

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Hi Tom,

Whilst I know we don't ride twins, both dad and I have gone over to using Mobil1 (0W 40W) which seems to have cured all dragging or cold crunching problems.

Regards
Neil:D