What? No NSU Quickly thread?

yorchie

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here is my 1954 NSU Quickly in all its Patina Glory. Is there Vincent history with this... ahem... motorcycle? At this time I think its the cheapest Vinnie buy-in. Third cousin twice removed.

Attachments

• P6170634 copy.JPG
    P6170634 copy.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
  • P6170635 copy.JPG
    P6170635 copy.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • P6170637 copy.JPG
    P6170637 copy.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 69

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
The NSU Quicklys came into Stevenage Rail sidings straight from Germany we just unloaded and sent to agent, Very little problems manly accident damage very reliable and still going strong today

vibrac

VOC Member
And then NSU did the dirty on Vincents just like the MOD did twice with the life boat and the plane
Its a wonder it all lasted as long as it did

vibrac

VOC Member
Acording to David Wright "Vincent the complete story" P118 what happened at the end of Vincents first year contract was
"When the holders of the UK rights to the NSU contract saw exactly how profitable the distribution scheme was, they refused to renew the contract and set upn their own distribution company"

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
The only good news NSU had in the UK, other than great sales in Quicklys, John Surtees had 22 wins on the 250cc Max 1955/6

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
Here is my 1954 NSU Quickly in all its Patina Glory. Is there Vincent history with this... ahem... motorcycle? At this time I think its the cheapest Vinnie buy-in. Third cousin twice removed.
From the foto it seems, yr fork is bent to the rear. Recommend to check wheelbase length to be sure.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Just unearthed a couple of Quicklys looking for heaps of bits will be at the NZ rally for a couple of weeks, any parts can be delivered to a uk address and paid for in the uk thanks

yorchie

VOC Member
From the foto it seems, yr fork is bent to the rear. Recommend to check wheelbase length to be sure.

Yes. You are correct. Maybe a couple of Girdraulic blades will fix the fork. Note the bungee cords mounted on rear fender to keep a young lady's skirt from going into the rear wheel.