What is wrong with kids these days?

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Went out for a little spin on the Shadow this evening. Everything is going pretty good temp and humidity was reasonable, traffic was light. I was on my favorite short spin route following a Harley trike that had more skulls worked into it's motif than the local cemetery. Anyway if front of the trike was a white mini van. Said trike pulls off into a gas station and now I'm behind than and it signals a turn. As I brake a little and move to the right side of my lane, the van is making a left by the way, a soda can comes sailing up, over, and backwards towards me from the passenger side, right side, of the van. It miss me by a wide mark but I beeped my horn as I passed and looked back at the two teenage boys in the van who were laughing like it was some big joke. When I was there age I was blasting around on these same roads on my Triumph T100R Daytona either thinking about how to pick up girls or daydreaming about riding my dad's Shadow, not tossing soda cans out of windows trying to guys out on their bikes. Is this non sense the result of all these video games and other electronic toys that they just don't think or what?
Anyway, that's my rant. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable ride. The remainder of mine was good with two big thumbs up from another couple of teenagers for having a cool old bike.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Funnily enough I do own both. I just wasn't carrying. I think the authorities might have taken a dim view of my using either though.

Albervin

VOC Member
It is for instances like this that I have seriously considered buying a small video unit to strap on whenever I go out on the bike. In Canberra (capital of Australia) a lot of cyclists wear a small video camera to catch the cars that cut them off, sideswipe them or throw stuff at them. The Police act on the video footage and the pr*cks get done!!! Justice!!!

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
It is for instances like this that I have seriously considered buying a small video unit to strap on whenever I go out on the bike. In Canberra (capital of Australia) a lot of cyclists wear a small video camera to catch the cars that cut them off, sideswipe them or throw stuff at them. The Police act on the video footage and the pr*cks get done!!! Justice!!!
That is a brilliant idea. Law enforcement here have dash cams to record their interactions with the public. I don't see why we can't do the same. I think you've just found a justifiable reason for me to purchase a helmet camera.
Thanks
Steven

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
RIP all privacy.
Not really. The video tape is mine until such time as I might release it to prove that some idiot threw a soda can at me while riding. If privacy has indeed become a thing of the past, we have only ourselves to blame. As Mr. Hutch points out respect is the key word here, or more correctly lack of respect. We as a society do not respect ourselves or each other or our respective property. The result being that we must record our interactions on the off chance that this lack of respect climbs or more correctly drops to a criminal level. What I find extremely distressing is that we have sunk to such level that this is necessay. We are more fearful of the repercussions of our bad behavior than of being found out to be people who behave badly. We don't seem to care what our behavior says about ourselves, our families, our friends, or our parents for that matter. We don't seem to be able to behave properly unless we are constantly supervised. That supervison comes if the form of the video camera, cctv, and the like. Unfortunately should we ever return to a point of being a civil society the supervison will never go away.
Anyway, that's me off the soapbox. Hope everyone has good day and a safe and fun ride.
Steven