• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

What is it for?

Williegunn

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
I removed the FF69/2 plate from the front of my Comet, and it has a stud, for want of a more exact description, it appears to have no function that I can find. Could someone enlighten me please?

DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0036.JPG

A_HRD

VOC Member
I removed the FF69/2 plate from the front of my Comet, and it has a stud, for want of a more exact description, it appears to have no function that I can find. Could someone enlighten me please?

Not just any stud but an eccentric one (like most people on this forum;)) for adjusting your balance beam height to get the most efficient setting your front brake.

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Williegunn

Non-VOC Member
Aha the Front brake balance beam stop, I assume.
Stevens'Know thy Beast is fairly vauge on the subject.

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.