what ignition system is this

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does any one recognise this trigger unit? it was married to a rita unit and information or documentation very welcome
the body of the unit is quite long and tapers down to the fixing base in a sort of wine glass way
sorry I only have a blury front pic at the moment I dont remember the dolphin sysyem being so long
It has an alloy cap with screws to 2 pillars that also hold the adjustable base plate

trigger.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
Replying to my own question a good friend has told me its a RITA

The only question remaining is the model number fitted to vincents, Evidently the numbers range from LR102 up to LR 145
although out of production now I also have been told that MISTRAL do a replacement unit MOIRA but have no idea yet if thats still available. before I start searching the web and seeing if its worth testing and refitting I would like to here from any Vincent users

clevtrev

VOC Member
Replying to my own question a good friend has told me its a RITA

The only question remaining is the model number fitted to vincents, Evidently the numbers range from LR102 up to LR 145
although out of production now I also have been told that MISTRAL do a replacement unit MOIRA but have no idea yet if thats still available. before I start searching the web and seeing if its worth testing and refitting I would like to here from any Vincent users
One thing to watch for, is the orientation of the two wires coming from the pick-up to the amplifier. Ass about face and you`ll always be starting with full advance.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
A good point. This is also something to watch out for on Boyer based systems if you have altered the wiring. A friend couldn't get his Norton Commando to work. I noticed he had replaced the wires to the pickups with something more robust and had inadvertantly transposed the two wires when resoldering. The A/R didn't then work but this was soon fixed be reversing the wires.
One thing to watch for, is the orientation of the two wires coming from the pick-up to the amplifier. Ass about face and you`ll always be starting with full advance.

deejay499

VOC Member
Had my Lucas Rita on for about 30 years. Never had a problem except that it takes a fair bit of power, so a good 12v charging system is needed. Mine came from Mistral as well.