• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

what ignition system is this

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Does any one recognise this trigger unit? it was married to a rita unit and information or documentation very welcome
the body of the unit is quite long and tapers down to the fixing base in a sort of wine glass way
sorry I only have a blury front pic at the moment I dont remember the dolphin sysyem being so long
It has an alloy cap with screws to 2 pillars that also hold the adjustable base plate

trigger.jpg

vibrac

VOC Member
Replying to my own question a good friend has told me its a RITA

The only question remaining is the model number fitted to vincents, Evidently the numbers range from LR102 up to LR 145
although out of production now I also have been told that MISTRAL do a replacement unit MOIRA but have no idea yet if thats still available. before I start searching the web and seeing if its worth testing and refitting I would like to here from any Vincent users

clevtrev

VOC Member
Replying to my own question a good friend has told me its a RITA

The only question remaining is the model number fitted to vincents, Evidently the numbers range from LR102 up to LR 145
although out of production now I also have been told that MISTRAL do a replacement unit MOIRA but have no idea yet if thats still available. before I start searching the web and seeing if its worth testing and refitting I would like to here from any Vincent users
One thing to watch for, is the orientation of the two wires coming from the pick-up to the amplifier. Ass about face and you`ll always be starting with full advance.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Moderator
A good point. This is also something to watch out for on Boyer based systems if you have altered the wiring. A friend couldn't get his Norton Commando to work. I noticed he had replaced the wires to the pickups with something more robust and had inadvertantly transposed the two wires when resoldering. The A/R didn't then work but this was soon fixed be reversing the wires.
One thing to watch for, is the orientation of the two wires coming from the pick-up to the amplifier. Ass about face and you`ll always be starting with full advance.

deejay499

VOC Member
Had my Lucas Rita on for about 30 years. Never had a problem except that it takes a fair bit of power, so a good 12v charging system is needed. Mine came from Mistral as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 9yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.