• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

What grease to use in the Vincent

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Any thoughts on what to load my grease gun with (and where to buy it from) before connecting it to the various grease points around the forks and RFM?

Regards

Stuart

john998

VOC Member
Grease

Hello, Castrol CL, is good for exposed bearings, as it will not wash off, as most grease does. It is formulated to work under water.
Found to be very good in RFM bearing, and head stock, I use it for everything
except wheel bearings.

wld50

Non-VOC Member
Packing grease,

EMG Stevens KTB recommended Shell AM grease for packing the spring boxes.
It no longer seems to exist.

From this thread it looks like Castrol LM or CL would be up to the job.

Would CL would be better on the grounds that it wouldnt run out if water got in - if one didnt use the Bantam gaiters BlackLightning998 dislikes ?

stumpy lord

VOC Member
Hi,
As most machines are now running stainless steel fork spindles and eccentrics,I would be inclined to use either a moly grease or a fully synthetic grease, to prevent the spindles picking up. A general purpose grease is o.k for all the other places.
Of course if you want your spindles to last for ever, you could always fit nylon bushes in your forks.
cheers norm.:D

Latest Forum Threads