What do you like most about Vincents ?

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Seems like an obvious question until you try to quantify it !! Well , to me anyway !
The first time I saw a Vincent I knew a/ I really liked it and b/ some day I would have one.
This fateful first introduction was in Classic Bike magazine , it just looked so different and so right.
Anyway , I was thinking what are the 5 things I like most , so I thought I would share this with you and ask the same question to others :-

1/ The engine and transmission. It's just looks so superb , elegant and purposeful and it's details
are fascinating , that clutch , the timing chest , the valve gear , etc.

2/ The chassis concept. Years , in fact decades ahead when it was introduced , true genius at work.
Those girdraulic forks must have seemed space age at the time.

3/ Innovation where ever you look.

4/ The Bauhaus'ness of the whole machine ,form follows function everywhere you look.

5/ The legend and the legacy. Vincent can be seen in every motorcycle since , even at the cutting
edge of today. No other bike reigned supreme for so long since.

How about you ?

Bracker1

VOC Member
I agree with all, and add to it the people who enjoy Vincents. All the club members I have done business with and met socially have been awesome. Without the enthusiasm of all the riders, the Vincent might be just another bike. Safe riding, Dan

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
My first memories of vins was mid 60's with one of my brothers mates owning a norvin, it WAS fast, not just pretending like the other bikes, then I recall drooling over Ossie's Shadow parked up at Gants Hill one evening in 1971?