What are the odds?

kurtflys

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I know that most part for the Vincent can be found, but what are the odds of finding an original air pump and tool tray out there i motorcycle land. My Shadow has nice patina and shows it's age (1953), but putting a new pump of tray might look out of place. So I guess I'm looking.

DSC_0072.jpg

Last edited:

Albervin

VOC Member
Tool tray is easy, plenty out there and even a (good) replica will not be frowned on by the concours crowd. The tyre pump is a different story. Prices in excess of £400 have been paid for them and they are invariably for show only. Spend your money on something functional and buy a replica pump.

davidd

VOC Member
The air pumps tend to fall off and if they do not, they can be easily "nicked."

David

kurtflys

Non-VOC Member
I appreciate the point that you are making on the cost of a pump. On the other hand I do like all things original, even if I just leave the original spare on the shelf, or save it for a show. Still nice to have if I can find one.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Get a new tray, fill it full of tools, go for a long ride and have the tray and tools fall off and get run over by a following car. This gives just about the right "patina"- and that is a word I f*%^&$#@! hate using. By the way does anyone have an original K17 cloth? I'm fairly sure I have one, found in a secondhand tool tray years ago, but I would like to be sure before making any silly claims! Please post a photo. Cheers, F5AB/2A/7945 since 1970

Howard

VOC Member
Get a new tray, fill it full of tools, go for a long ride and have the tray and tools fall off and get run over by a following car. This gives just about the right "patina"- and that is a word I f*%^&$#@! hate using. By the way does anyone have an original K17 cloth? I'm fairly sure I have one, found in a secondhand tool tray years ago, but I would like to be sure before making any silly claims! Please post a photo. Cheers, F5AB/2A/7945 since 1970

Maybe the guy selling the tommy bar from a Vincent tool kit, on ebay, has got one.

H