What are the odds?

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If K17 is a myth, why does KTB mention it, the part number exist, and the illustration appear? And yes, I know it didn't have gold embroidery on it. What is "mutton cloth" anyway? And even if it turns out I have the right thing it will never go on Greedybay! My tool tray wouldn't have fallen out either if the slider had the original clip on it! It now has a neat little lock.

clevtrev

VOC Member
If K17 is a myth, why does KTB mention it, the part number exist, and the illustration appear? And yes, I know it didn't have gold embroidery on it. What is "mutton cloth" anyway? And even if it turns out I have the right thing it will never go on Greedybay! My tool tray wouldn't have fallen out either if the slider had the original clip on it! It now has a neat little lock.
Mutton cloth is what a dead sheep is clothed with. Something of which, should be readily available in Australia, or perhaps New Zealand.

kurtflys

Non-VOC Member
Boy do I feel lucky today. My bike arrived a few days ago and had no tool pan or tools. Today a package arrived and low and behold there was the original under seat tool pan and most of the original tools! WoW that was a super nice surprise. Still no pump but I'm happy to not have to hunt down all that stuff. Now all I need is the battery and to figure out the timing needed with the compression release lever to get her running.
Thanks for all the comments.

vibrac

VOC Member
Nah the ends are to square to be original however the turning tool did wear towards the end of the batch...
so perhaps it is the correct tommy bar, then again........
(falls asleep mumbling)