ET: Engine (Twin) Wet sumping

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Fool proof, no fuel no going anywhere, even did the same idea to my regular mount my "B" but it's not the same easy photo shoot as the "A"
Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 09.11.46.png

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I use a brake pipe clamp when the bikes is going to be stood for a while. You can't forget to remove it on a Prince because you have to remove the side panel to access the pipe. Leave the side panel on the seat.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I use a brake pipe clamp when the bikes is going to be stood for a while. You can't forget to remove it on a Prince because you have to remove the side panel to access the pipe. Leave the side panel on the seat.
How many clampings does the oil feed hose tolerate before permanent damage occurs?

bmetcalf

VOC Member
A little OT, but I used a section of automatic transmission cooler hose for the pump suction feed. It was a bugger to get over the pipe, but I figured that on cars they see hot high pressure fluid for many thousands of miles and are never replaced, so it must be good on a Vin.

erik

VOC Member
I have a twin start oilpump on my C and the anti wetsumping valve from Conways. Until now no problems! Erik

Vinnie Boy

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Having put up with sumping and resisting fitting a valve or tap for too long, I confess I have succumbed and fitted a tap. I like to try and maintain a standard appearance so I made an adaptor and fitted the tap as close to the tank as possible. No room for the operating lever here so I made a key to operate it by.
My front brake handle bar lever has a redundant hole in the blade for a brake lock . In the garage, the 'key' when finished will occupy this hole, that together with a bright red cord preventing the bar end mirror from folding out is my safety set up.

I realise it's not 100% fool proof but I am ok with it . On the plus side , not having to drain the oil before a ride is something of a novelty and a real pleasure. Another bonus is that the tap is very discrete and without its lever virtually tamper proof.

VB

Attachments

• P1012921.JPG
    P1012921.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 32
  • P1012928.JPG
    P1012928.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 32

ericg

VOC Member
I use a Conways valve and a section of clear pipe on the return line that can be seen from the seat. Egli fashion.