Western Canada

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
You’re almost a a Yank!
Speaking of Yanks…I feel sorry for the folks in Point Roberts. The border closure has been hell for them….. virtually every business there is dependent on the hordes from the north. Things will open up shorty, but most likely too late for quite a few. Interesting little “gated” community with armed guards filtering out the undesirables. Although… a good chunk of the population may be under the witness protection act.
That’s the port of entry that I used for my clandestine McMaster Carr orders until I got caught.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
High and dry here, about 3 or 4 hundred feet above the floodwater, so we are on a list to take in animals and (vaccinated) people. It sounds like we will receive some animals tomorrow, although it's all pretty chaotic right now. Some areas are drying out while to the east the water is pouring in. What was dry in Yarrow two days ago is now under 10' of water in places. There is nothing left alive in those barns.

Glen

Cyborg

VOC Member
It’s quite a mess. I lived right on the Red River in 97 and it was nerve racking. That was in the flatlands …. with all the big hills around here, it hits the fan a lot faster. Not much time to bug out. Good on you for taking in critters, let me know if you need anything.…even if it’s just help shoveling shit.