Well Sorn me!

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
UPDATE: He is "looking into it"
So....First form a Quango, Produce a 'white paper'..study the findings for a considerable time....and then tell you that ' In due course the DVLA will clarify the matter'...By which time we will all be pushing up the daisies!!! John

vibrac

VOC Member
According to my real representative Eddy (Mr Coventry section) the annual SORN renewal is at an end and there is a slight improvement to the historic cut off date
I await my MP to send a reply

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just got the tax for my Twin, The girl in the Post office says, "I need an MOT" Lucky for me it says on the renewal form we don't, She was not happy with here Computer !! Cheers Bill.

vibrac

VOC Member
All thesre guys taxing their bikes
What faith we have it will get warmer!
Of course if the average temperature predicted by the experts is to be belived (and they need to keep them on track with their much altered global warming graphs) it will have to be a scorcher of a summer...
but then X is an unkown quantity and SPERT is a drip under pressure so I wont hold my breath or tax the bike yet

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thats not like you Tim, I thought you were the Tough one, Who laughs at the cold !!, I have got to get out on the L/ning soon, Befor I loose my Nerve !! Just fitted the D/D Time/T front springs, Made the mistake of checking the Trail !! I wish I had not. Cheers BIll.

Alan J

VOC Member
At least the "dreaded sorn" is now continuous! AND, the original 25 year rule that was supposed to "roll On" and did not-has now "rolled" on to 40 years, i.e.to end of "73 and will give us hard up "senior citizens" free tax!!

vibrac

VOC Member
At least the "dreaded sorn" is now continuous! AND, the original 25 year rule that was supposed to "roll On" and did not-has now "rolled" on to 40 years, i.e.to end of "73 and will give us hard up "senior citizens" free tax!!
got to roll another 4 before the Egli is valid

A_HRD

VOC Member
Got to roll-on another 3 months before my Ducati is valid - damn!

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

dave g6xnc

Non-VOC Member
I got a sorn reminder but renewed it on line. Saves a stamp but havent received any new disc thro the post.

vibrac

VOC Member
I have recived a reply from my MP enclosing a letter from Stephen Hammond (The minister resopnsible)
Parphrasing
"The DVL is currently working on removing the need forn SORN being made annually the DVLA hopes to make this change by end of 2013"
Lets hope so, I have set a reminder for Jan 2nd (that will be a long time since the original announcement-2 years!)
At the moment it only needs a moment of inattention and that project sitting in your garage for the last 5 years could cost you a lot of money