Welcome to new forum website member, Transfergear

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Transfergear - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Transfergear

New Forum User
VOC Member
I have just acquired my first Vincent, a 51 Comet. I am going to go over it with a fine toothcomb this winter so I can get it properly fettled ready some decent blasting around the Hampshire (and further afield) countryside. Here's a picture when it turned up on my doorstep.
20200907_112519.jpg

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Agree with you Eric.
All standard vincent mudguards will accommodate 21" wheels, I much prefer large diameter wheels for the comfort with wide rims to give better volume / section. My "A" Rap when we first had it was fitted with 21"front and 20" rear Lightning set up, wearing out a rear tire 19" doing the round the world trip with Harvey renewed it in NZ it was removed to fit the "A" Comet and I built up another using a 21"WM 4 rim as it will increase the gearing as I was always wanting to change up having already a 46 tooth sprocket. Normally a front-wheel but what arrow direction? I've put the same as no rear direction.
bananaman.