Welcome to new forum website member, Tony-Vincent

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Tony-Vincent - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Tony-Vincent

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the welcome. I no longer have Vincents. I sold my Rapide and two Comets way back in 1969 when I emigrated with my wife from the UK to New Zealand. I've since gained a couple of Indians and a few other lesser breeds. Given my family name I guess it's no surprise that I went for the Vincent marque in the first place! My son in London has a stable of machines and has just bought a Rapide engine. It has re-kindled my dormant interest in the machines. I guess I should start saving the pennies!!?

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Hi Tony, as you well know, Indian did have a connection with the Vincent factory at one time.
Why not connect with the NZ section as we're not worried in the slightest about what bike you ride, rather you share a common interest in all things Vincent-HRD.
Cheers David White

Tony-Vincent

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi David. Although I still have the bikes, I also have vintage cars. I find my rather advanced years better served sitting rather than astride! Still take the bikes out (of course!) but they are all big and heavy! The last time I dropped one I had to (embarrassingly) ask for help getting it back on its feet! Spend the majority my time in the workshop rebuilding, rather than riding!

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
Well done Tony, I admire your drive to continue using vintage vehicles of any type.
Have you considered the middle ground - three wheels? Would one of your Indians pull a sidecar as this negates the need to hold the machine up?
I've got a 1910 Indian Single which is very light but a little tall for me. Pedal and go.
Keep enjoying your workshop. Cheers David

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Hi David. Although I still have the bikes, I also have vintage cars. I find my rather advanced years better served sitting rather than astride! Still take the bikes out (of course!) but they are all big and heavy! The last time I dropped one I had to (embarrassingly) ask for help getting it back on its feet! Spend the majority my time in the workshop rebuilding, rather than riding!
Hi tony,

As David says we all have all sorts of interests in the nz section. As well as my Vincent’s I have a 1953 Fargo 1/2 truck that’s fun to work on. We have the odd lunch that another member who is 91 comes along to. So please feel free to get involved.

Best,

Gene.