Welcome to new forum website member, TerryH

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@TerryH - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

TerryH

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
@TerryH - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?
Good Afternoon,
I am a 61 yr old son of a couple who owned 2 Vincents back in the 50's/60's and other British Marque's in later years. I never got to ride the Black Shadow as I was far too young so they had downsized in terms of power to a Sq 4 Ariel 1000 and later a BSA650 A10 by the time I was old enough to ride, and they usually had a chair in them as well. Having stumbled in to some old bits and pieces I joined in the hope of finding them a good home as my parents would like that, being staunch bikers, my mum still riding her combo around West Ealing until she was over 75 years old, and only quitting as she was getting worried she was losing the energy to kick it more than twice and as it had no steering lock or engine immobiliser she didn't want to leave it anywhere !! My childhood was one of I.O.M T.T.holidays and learning how to fix bikes, the Ariel was air cooled so never suited the double Churchill sidecar nor had the power the Vinnie had, so it had overheating problems running slowly, hence the switch to the BSA. Any members in that part of the world will probably remember her combo roaring round West Ealing streets, open face crash helmet of course, black hair blowing out behind her, none of that closed face crash helmets for her. Hope anyone needing an old badge, or some early MPH owners booklets gets in touch so they get a good home. Happy biking, saw some lovely old bikes at the Brooklands Transport Museum not long ago either, well worth a visit. Stay safe, best regs Terry Hughes