Welcome to new forum website member, SteveT

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@SteveT - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

SteveT

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello and thank you for the welcome! My past bikes have mostly been Velocettes, from a '39 MAC, a '39 KSS, 2 Venoms through to a '68 Thruxton. All lovely quality machines but now all sold. I have only 1 bike left, a DBD34 Goldie and as much as I love it, i am afraid that its become something of a handful. I am not getting any younger and its just a bit too 'eager' for me now.
So, I am seeking a Comet as perhaps my last foray into 'new' motorcycles, as an ex-mechanic i am able to work on them ok and feel it may be ideal for the type of riding i now do. I am told they take a little getting used to so we will see!

bmetcalf

VOC Member
A friend kept his late Thruxton in my garage for a bit, it had a big Concentric and points, no magneto. Was yours similar?

SteveT

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A friend kept his late Thruxton in my garage for a bit, it had a big Concentric and points, no magneto. Was yours similar?
Mine originally had an Amal GP carb but i fitted a big Mikuni..worked much better! It had a BTH electronic magneto, only a few of the very last Thruxton had coil ignition (noted by a letter 'C' after the engine number)

vibrac

VOC Member
There are three Comets and some Comet projects on the vincent spares website mostly members bikes they are offering to sell.
Top gold band on this page far left hand side

b'knighted

VOC Member
There will be two more Comets and an electric start '49 HRD Rapide at VOCSPARES in about a week, unless someone wants one before midweek.