Welcome to new Forum Website member, Scout63

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Scout63 - welcome to the online Forum Website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club Forum Website.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

G

Graham Smith

@Scout63 I've seen your bike on our Facebook page.

It would be good if you could post some photographs on here, and tell us a bit more about it!

Scout63

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks for the welcome Graham and hello to all:

I am an attorney on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, married with two 23 yo daughters and about to turn 60 next year. I've been owning and riding motorcycles since I was 14. I've owned about 60 bikes over the course of my life. Right now in addition to the Rapide my bikes include:

'71 BMW R75/5
'72 Norton Commando
'77 Ducati 860 GT
'78 Ducati 900SS
'78 Yamaha SR500
'79 Moto Guzzi V1000G5

I do all of my own maintenance, including engine and gearbox rebuilds, but I don't consider myself technically inclined. The Vincent came along suddenly the other day when a friend called looking to sell, and I traded a '77 BMW R100S and a '77 Moto Guzzi Lemans and some cash for it. I never expected to own one and am so happy to be able to. I think the bike is simply timeless in its looks and engineering. I'm a littled awed by it and for now have just been looking at it.

The bike is a 1946 Series B Rapide, engine no. F10AB/1/3, with a non-matching UFM. Attached are pictures taken the other day when I put it in the garage.

I plan on replacing the older tires and tubes, going through the carbs, changing the oil, and then trailering it to Vincent expert Peter Talabach in western MA to go through the bike and show me about it and how to start and maintain it. Peter was wonderful in teaching me how to adjust the valves on my bevel Ducati 900SS, and I bought my 860GT from him. After that I just want to ride it.

I am interested to get to know other Vincent owners and their bikes, and really love connecting with motorcycle people. I think we are a rare breed and born to it, and we should support each other however we can.

Ben

Attachments

• Left Side 08-08-2022.jpg
    Left Side 08-08-2022.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Plate.jpg
    Plate.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Right Side 08-08-2022-2.jpg
    Right Side 08-08-2022-2.jpg
    681.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Speedo.jpg
    Speedo.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 40

Robert Watson

VOC Member
You are probably more fortunate to have Pete close by than actually getting the bike in the first place. the man knows his stuff and has all the experience to back it up. Good luck!

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Welcome Ben. As hinted by the license plate, that bike has a history in the Los Angeles area, a former So Cal section member that has passed built the bike. Other members remember seeing the engine in someone else’s garage prior to that. I believe the original bike with engine #3 was originally sold by the LA Vincent dealer.