Welcome to new forum website member, Octo

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Octo - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Octo

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you very much for my welcome as a VOC member. I bought my 1950 Comet JWY 162 in 1974 from Wharfedale i Yorkshire.

Unfortunately I sold it years later and now all I have is a set of cycle parts minus wheels. It would be great to find a Comet engine to build into a complete Comet again.

I am deeply interested in both the technical and design aspects of the Vincent marque, and not least in the human and social impact of the Vincent machines over all those years since manufacturing, in fact my entire lifetime.

During my previous membership I met many great people in the club and the club meet at Glen Maye on the IOM on 5 June 1975 (TT week) will not be forgotten. I also met Tony Maughan in his fen workshop, he helped me sort the Girdraulic forks to perfection and I also had the pleasure of meeting Sir Mark Goodson at Mindrum and he sold me some parts and was very encouraging back in ca 1977. During my time in London I also met Roy Harper in is flat. I was a frequent vistor to Conway Motors in Goldhawk Road. Bob Dunn still has my forks and I would be grateful if anyone can suggest a good way of retrieving them, please.

I introduced my Dutch friend Fred de Mol to Vincents and he became a devoted enthusiast.

JWY 162.jpg

Last edited: