Welcome to new forum website member, Mickypitch

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Mickypitch - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Mickypitch

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi all - I am considering a comet. Always been interested in Vincents since I was a teenager. I remember watching one being started in Osnabruck Germany and once he got it going it shook the whole pavement.
I have had eveything from FS1E to the original Honda Fireblade through to LeMans Guzzis, Laverda Jota, smattering of BSAs and Triumphs, BMWs boxers and flying bricks etc etc...
Always wanted to try a sporting single and satisy the urge for a Vincent!

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Micky my handsome, welcome and hope you find what you are looking for and not disappointed they are an extremely practical bikes and I've done a lot of rallies on one, The dragon 1967. elephant in 1969 but the twin has always been my real work horse and the last twenty years my "A" Rapide has done the most miles USA, Australia and New Zealand. I have got an all matching numbers Comet that I'm wanting to move on £18 k to clear all debts and an electric starter for a bitza "D" Comet. Never sold a Vincent in my life but have given a couple away 50 years ago! one of this standard could be £20 k plus and this one will be guaranteed for parts as I do have a few spares. Tyres, chains, wiring, Alton alternator, Koni dampers all new. only mod is indicators for safety, can be fitted with pannier frame of the original craven type. Panniers £'s extra. come and stay to sort things out and ride away after Covid restrictions.

TIMING STROBE TO CHECK ATD ADVANCING MECHANISM
IMG_2975.jpeg

MAG COVER OFF TO CHECK TIMING
IMG_2973.jpeg

SPARER SPROCKET FOR SIDE CAR HAULING (didn't have a decent excluder)
IMG_2976.jpeg

IMG_2978.jpeg

Last edited:

Mickypitch

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the info - Im not sure ill
progress this idea of comet ownership until Covid eases with all the travel restrictions and suggestions of yet more to come. £18k is more than I want to spend hence casting about for an oily rag bike.
Thanks for offer though.
All the best Mick