Welcome to new forum website member, mickey66

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@mickey66 - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

mickey66

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have been a keen motor cyclist all of my life and owned a varied assortment of machines over the years, unfortunately no Vincents. My Father did when I was very young.
I have a Triumph Thunderbird at present and a BSA Bantam.
Unfortunately my Father & Brother have long since passed and I am researching our family interest in motor bikes. The attached photo is of our family transport back in the 1950's.
I seem to recall that it was a Series B Rapide, but I welcome being corrected and maybe an estimate of the year.
I am a member of the Classic Bike Club of Victoria (Australia) and we do have several Vincent enthusiasts, I can only lust after their bikes at our rallies.
You have a great website & Club
Hooroo, Mike

Attachments

• Vincent Combo.png
    Vincent Combo.png
    664.5 KB · Views: 31

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
l would say that is a 1955 series D.
What was your Fathers name as he may have been a member of VOC and if he was and then reported the bike on his membership then we may have him on record. It's a long shot but you never know. If you don't want to post it here you can send me a private message.
Simon Dinsdale
Machine Registrar - Vincent HRD Owners Club

mickey66

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
@mickey66 - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?
I have been a keen motor cyclist all of my life and owned a varied assortment of machines over the years, unfortunately no Vincents. My Father did when I was very young.
I have a Triumph Thunderbird at present and a BSA Bantam.
Unfortunately my Father & Brother have long since passed and I am researching our family interest in motor bikes. The attached photo is of our family transport back in the 1950's.
I seem to recall that it was a Series B Rapide, but I welcome being corrected and maybe an estimate of the year.
I am a member of the Classic Bike Club of Victoria (Australia) and we do have several Vincent enthusiasts, I can only lust after their bikes at our rallies.
You have a great website & Club
Hooroo, Mike

Attachments

• Vincent Combo.png
    Vincent Combo.png
    664.5 KB · Views: 22

mickey66

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
l would say that is a 1955 series D.
What was your Fathers name as he may have been a member of VOC and if he was and then reported the bike on his membership then we may have him on record. It's a long shot but you never know. If you don't want to post it here you can send me a private message.
Simon Dinsdale
Machine Registrar - Vincent HRD Owners Club
Thank You Bill for your help.
Rgds Mike