Welcome to new forum website member, MGRob

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@MGRob - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

MGRob

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi all - i joined the VOC and this forum on 26.9.20 and live in Suffolk, UK. I'm a VMCC member and after a long lay off started riding bikes again in 2014 and now have two BSAs, a Velocette and a Triton. My interest in Vincents goes back to my childhood when I had a book on motorcycles for Christmas and the Black Shadow was featured as possibly the first superbike. I'm hoping to purchase a series B Rapide this year and am getting to grips with the nuances of matching numbers. Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

John Appleton

VOC Member
Welcome, I am based in Stratford Saint Andrew, so we will no doubt cross paths sooner or later. I have a series B Rapide, so a common interest there. John.

MGRob

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi John - I think we're very close as I live at Hacheston. If you've time I'd appreciate meeting up to talk over various points etc. Rgds

John Appleton

VOC Member
Hi John - I think we're very close as I live at Hacheston. If you've time I'd appreciate meeting up to talk over various points etc. Rgds
Yes,I am retired, so plenty of time. I am always at home and am available most times, preferably during the day . If you let me know, by private message, when you would like to meet up I will be available, and will give you my address at that time, John.

MGRob

Forum User
VOC Member
Hi John - its not obvious to me how you private message on this forum. I'm around this coming Tuesday if that works for you. Rgds

G

Graham Smith

@MGRob

To start a private message to John (they're called 'conversations on our forum), you need to click on the envelope icon towards the top of the screen depending on what device you're using.

For information, the little bell icon next to it, will tell you if you have any alerts that need dealing with.

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 13.47.29.jpg

John Appleton

VOC Member
Hi John - its not obvious to me how you private message on this forum. I'm around this coming Tuesday if that works for you. Rgds

Looks like Graham has beaten me to it. At the top of the page you will find that your envelope icon has turned red. That is to show that I have messaged you with my contact details. Click on the icon to open the message, John.