Welcome to new forum website member, Knapdog

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Knapdog - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Knapdog

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thank you for your welcoming post.
For many years I've been on the search for a bike that matches my birth date. Obviously, there's a slim chance of finding one from the year 1951 but I still live in hope.
I was initially looking for Ariels and Sunbeams and actually missed out on a Red Hunter that was one day out, but at my age now, the word "Vincent" keeps coming to mind, regardless of the year.
I know very little about them apart from the fact that they're quality machines and, for the amount I'd be prepared to spend, I reckon I could get a very nice "Comet".
I am surprised, however, how many there are for sale on various sites. They keep cropping up all the time since I've been looking. The problem I have, of course, is I don't know a good one from a not so good one.
My current bikes are still fairly modern, a Honda cbf1000 for continental trips, Royal Enfield Classic 500 and an old Honda C90 that I've done John O'Groats to Land's End on.
With interest rates so low I would hope that a Comet would be something of an investment but I would want one completely restored. I appreciate that forums can be a mine of information regarding rebuilds with many talented members contributing but these days I'd rather pay extra for someone else to have done all the work.
There is a lot to think about and maybe I'll never buy one but thank you for having me.
If anything comes up that fits the bill, please let me know.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Morning, The reason there are so many for sale ,
A lot of us are getting to an age when it's not easy to ride,
Have to say the Comet is a lot more easy than a Twin, But still a Hand full ?,
Or is it just Me !.
Cheers Bill.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The problem I have, of course, is I don't know a good one from a not so good one.
Before buying a bike if you have not already then I would suggest you read the pages about buying a bike. This is the general services available:

This is specific to buying a bike:

Simon

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
There are Bikes for sale , via the Club Spares shop,
Not sure if you have to be a VOC Club Member ? to get in there ?.
Cheers Bill.