Welcome to new forum website member, Grenville

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Grenville - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Grenville

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello Everybody,
My name is Grenville and I am 80 years old.Bought my Shadow some 65 years ago. Took it to bits when I had a family, and very foolishly swapped the C frame for a D. Simon Dinsdale has located my C frame in California. It has the engine of the D frame I have, and belongs to a Mr Ken Yenco, in the Northern Californian Section. All attempts to contact Ken Yenko with a view to exchange the frames have so far failed. Can anyone help?
Alternatively has any one got a C UFM or a C headstock and a C petrol tank.
Am in my twilight years and am rebuilding my Vinny which will be my legacy to my Grandson

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Grenville, If all else fails,
Could Simon get you an age related Number plate ?,

If you can get a "C" UFM , You still have the problem of the Log Book !!.

The frame is the Bike !!, ie Reg' Plate.
If you have a frame and a reg' plate , It's easy to change the engine on the log book.

Simon got me an age related number plate for a load of bits I had for years, Twin Frame and Comet engine,

I am also building a "D" framed Comet, I hope He can do the same for,
Nothing wrong with the "D" Frame !, I prefer it !, But that's just me .
Good Luck, Bill.

I think you will need a rear frame too ? , And the spring boxes !! And rear shocker,
All different to the "D", Unless you still have them under the bench ?.

Last edited:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Age related reg is not a problem as long as the numbers are genuine.

I have tried to put Grenville in touch with the owner of the mirror bike to discuss reuniting parts but all attempts to contact them has failed. If an owner doesn't want to talk then there is nothing else I can do.

Simon

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
They should now have all the details to connect and explore possibilities.
Thanks Robert for Ken's contact details and I just sent Ken an email and await a reply. It was the same email address though I initially sent to several months ago so lets hope it gets through. Strange things can happen to emails after you hit send.
Simon

Grenville

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello Grenville, If all else fails,
Could Simon get you an age related Number plate ?,

If you can get a "C" UFM , You still have the problem of the Log Book !!.

The frame is the Bike !!, ie Reg' Plate.
If you have a frame and a reg' plate , It's easy to change the engine on the log book.

Simon got me an age related number plate for a load of bits I had for years, Twin Frame and Comet engine,

I am also building a "D" framed Comet, I hope He can do the same for,
Nothing wrong with the "D" Frame !, I prefer it !, But that's just me .
Good Luck, Bill.

I think you will need a rear frame too ? , And the spring boxes !! And rear shocker,
All different to the "D", Unless you still have them under the bench ?.
Hi Bill,
Many thanks for your help and advice. A few hours after posting my pleas I managed to obtain a matching Shadow C UFM and LFM with help from Jonathan Lambley. The owner would not split the two which is a shame since I already have a LFM which I purchased a couple of months ago. Simon has known of my needs for some time now and has tried his best to help me. I will only be able to take delivery of the frame some time in October. The rest of the bike is in a terrible state. It was caught in a flood in storage.I lent the Shadow clock and carbs to someone who has now disappeared so am in need of these as well. I shall need spring boxes and shocker. I think I can get new spring boxes and shocker and possibly the carbs.
Many thanks Grenville.
Thanks Robert for Ken's contact details and I just sent Ken an email and await a reply. It was the same email address though I initially sent to several months ago so lets hope it gets through. Strange things can happen to emails after you hit send.
Simon
Hi Simon, Thanks for all you are doing to help me. The Forum is wonderful Regards Grenville

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Just a tip, Shadow clocks are much money !!.
I use a cheap bicycle speedo, Like a computer !,
Tells you Speed, Time clock, Average Speed , Highest speed on that trip etc.
Good Luck, Bill.