Welcome to new forum website member, Grenville

daevideo

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Bill,
Many thanks for your help and advice. A few hours after posting my pleas I managed to obtain a matching Shadow C UFM and LFM with help from Jonathan Lambley. The owner would not split the two which is a shame since I already have a LFM which I purchased a couple of months ago. Simon has known of my needs for some time now and has tried his best to help me. I will only be able to take delivery of the frame some time in October. The rest of the bike is in a terrible state. It was caught in a flood in storage.I lent the Shadow clock and carbs to someone who has now disappeared so am in need of these as well. I shall need spring boxes and shocker. I think I can get new spring boxes and shocker and possibly the carbs.
Many thanks Grenville.

Hi Simon, Thanks for all you are doing to help me. The Forum is wonderful Regards Grenville
The seller of the matching UFM and rear subframe would have been loathe to split them up as they have the same frame number, which now carries a premium You should sell your rear subframe as there is always someone willing to buy.

Grenville

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Just a tip, Shadow clocks are much money !!.
I use a cheap bicycle speedo, Like a computer !,
Tells you Speed, Time clock, Average Speed , Highest speed on that trip etc.
Good Luck, Bill.
Hi Bill.
Thanks for your advise and concern. Much appreciated. However managed to get a shadow clock that I received today, which is like brand new. You were right about the price ( made me wince ) but glad I purchased it so no regrets,
Kind regards -----Gren

Grenville

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
The seller of the matching UFM and rear subframe would have been loathe to split them up as they have the same frame number, which now carries a premium You should sell your rear subframe as there is always someone willing to buy.
Hi Bill,
Thanks for your advice. Will sell the LFM I have as soon as I take delivery of the matching UFM & LFM
Kind regards ---- Gren

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry Grenville, I just like to give options,
I know how the money side can get out of control,
I was lucky, I bought most of my stuff in the 60 s and 70 s.
Good Luck, Bill.

Grenville

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Sorry Grenville, I just like to give options,
I know how the money side can get out of control,
I was lucky, I bought most of my stuff in the 60 s and 70 s.
Good Luck, Bill.
Hi Bill
No need to apologise. Was very grateful for your advice on the options, and no offence taken I can assure you. Lord knows I shall need all the advice and help I can get. So thank you once again.
Cheers -----Gren