Welcome to new forum website member, Graeme Langford

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Graeme Langford - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Graeme Langford

New Forum User
VOC Member
A big hello to everyone. I have been a long time fan of the Vincent. A school friends father, this is back in the early 70's owned a couple of Vincents. Too long ago to remember exactly what they where for sure. From memory one was an HRD, another a Rapide, a Black Shadow and what would have been a Prince or a Knight. There was another chap local to us that drag raced a Lightning engined monster. He was quite happy letting us sit on the bike and dream.
I have not ridden a motorcycle in must be at least 10 years but I quite fancy scratching an itch that has never been scratched.
Being completely honest I am not much good with my hands. Very basic maintenance I can cope with but delving into the bowels of the machine would be way above my ability.
My thought is to go for a Black Shadow or a C Rapide. It will be a a fair weather summer bike and the missus will be along for the ride. Any reason not to go for a Black Shadow ?
p.s. the first bike I rode probably aged 14 was an NSU Quickly. Never knew there was a Vincent connection

Last edited: