Welcome to new forum website member, Francesca

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Francesca - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Sell and regret and that is an old saying, I bought my Vincent November 1964 and not even allowed to sell it as the kids want it too and they already own the rest of my collection. Couldn't afford another if I did, like keeping to the same wife could afford another another licence or house.

Francesca

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
First, I have to correct myself, it was not a Meteor but a Comet, 1951 I believe, which I owned around the year 2000. Unfortunately I can't deliver details anymore, because I have handed over all documents, manuals etc. to the new owner. But I can tell you a little bit about the time with the Vincent. I bought the bike from a gentlemen from Zurich, unfortunately it was always difficult for me to start the bike, but when it was running the handling was excellent and a pleasure to ride. I remember how a modern African Twin couldn't follow me when I went over the Klausenpass. Fritz Egli has serviced the Comet. He also showed me how to start the bike, for him it was very easy, two or three manipulations, one kick and the bike was running. Later on, extensive work on the engine would have been necessary which would have been too expensive for me at that time and so I sold the "Vince" again.