Welcome to new Forum Website member, ElizabethT

Michael Vane-Hunt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
No hiding allowed in the Vancouver section. Liz and her Norton.
20220730_111743.jpg

G

Graham Smith

hi Graham, just figuring out the tech stuff; I'll need to update my member info. but more importantly, Jim tells me you lived in the same city of Siouxsie Sioux! cool!

@ElizabethT I thought you might be interested in this photo.

This was a photograph used on the front cover of MPH - not sure when, but probably the 1980s or thereabouts. It shows Philip Vincent between MUV766 and KAR222. MUV766 was ridden by the then owner Brian Hill @A-BCD and now owned by Peter Norris. I'm not sure of the other rider, but the caption in MPH might give us a clue.

However, what you might be interested in is that this photograph was taken outside the Bull's Head pub, Chislehurst just a couple of miles from where we live.

It was in this pub that Siouxsie Sioux from Siouxsie and the Banshees used to work as a barmaid before she hit the big time. Who know? Maybe she was working on the night this photo was taken?

298157842_1096524060966105_9088796650711523097_n.jpg

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
MUV 766, I painted it in 'Jewelescent Mauve'.... Shadow carbs, MkII cams, 9:1 pistons, 2 front heads, Lighning wheels, 8" headlamp and Bramptons with Woodhead-Munroe conversion

Attachments

• MUV 766 driveside 1969.jpg
    MUV 766 driveside 1969.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 19

Inactive

VOC Member
@ElizabethT I thought you might be interested in this photo.

This was a photograph used on the front cover of MPH - not sure when, but probably the 1980s or thereabouts. It shows Philip Vincent between MUV766 and KAR222. MUV766 was ridden by the then owner Brian Hill @A-BCD and now owned by Peter Norris. I'm not sure of the other rider, but the caption in MPH might give us a clue.

However, what you might be interested in is that this photograph was taken outside the Bull's Head pub, Chislehurst just a couple of miles from where we live.

It was in this pub that Siouxsie Sioux from Siouxsie and the Banshees used to work as a barmaid before she hit the big time. Who know? Maybe she was working on the night this photo was taken?

View attachment 52318
Hi Graham,

WOW! The history in this photo is tremendous.
And what about Mr. Hill’s epic smile!

According to the history books (NME/MM) Siouxsie attended a Sex Pistols gig in Chislehurst which became inspiration for her own musical pursuits. Next time we’re in England, we will drop by the Bull’s Head Pub to soak in the nostalgia.

This photo is all kinds of cool for so many reasons – thank you for sharing it!