Welcome to new forum website member, Dashdriver

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Dashdriver - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Dashdriver

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi I’ve always wanted one ( a twin) since I was about 17. Then after befriending a lovely old gentleman who had two under his house , eventually ,after about 15 years , I was able to purchase one very cheaplyfrom him.
My age at the time was about 62.
I’m now 69
I had the choice of a B ( missing forks) or the C which was a little more complete and with its forks.Both were partially restored in large lumps. I chose the 1951 C. Both bikes have non marching frame and engine numbers.
My son George ( now 40) purchased the HRD ( B) for an equal low price about the same time as I purchase mine.
Both the bikes are now restored and in pretty close to original condition
George’s HRD with the Bramptons and better paint than mine looks a picture.
Recently we have both gone down the ss wheel rims and spokes road.
Our saviour was ,with the restorations , fellow Aussie enthusiast Ken Phelps who did wonders.
Parts were sourced from the club , Neil Videan , Frank Trento at Eurobrit and Vin Parts International .
Both bikes have some annoying oil leak problems ,Kickstarter engagement issues and side stands that are too short.Otherwise they are fine.
We are enjoying riding them immensely.
Thank you or allowing me to join the group
Cheers!

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Morning Dash',
Quick fix for the prop stand from the VOC Spares,
£20 each, plus postage ?.
Cheers Bill.
1627818185966.png

erik

VOC Member
Better are longer propstands from Mike Breeding , New Mexico. Thats my opinion because I had not much joy with the plastic Extension shown above.Erik

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Hi I’ve always wanted one ( a twin) since I was about 17. Then after befriending a lovely old gentleman who had two under his house , eventually ,after about 15 years , I was able to purchase one very cheaplyfrom him.
My age at the time was about 62.
I’m now 69
I had the choice of a B ( missing forks) or the C which was a little more complete and with its forks.Both were partially restored in large lumps. I chose the 1951 C. Both bikes have non marching frame and engine numbers.
My son George ( now 40) purchased the HRD ( B) for an equal low price about the same time as I purchase mine.
Both the bikes are now restored and in pretty close to original condition
George’s HRD with the Bramptons and better paint than mine looks a picture.
Recently we have both gone down the ss wheel rims and spokes road.
Our saviour was ,with the restorations , fellow Aussie enthusiast Ken Phelps who did wonders.
Parts were sourced from the club , Neil Videan , Frank Trento at Eurobrit and Vin Parts International .
Both bikes have some annoying oil leak problems ,Kickstarter engagement issues and side stands that are too short.Otherwise they are fine.
We are enjoying riding them immensely.
Thank you or allowing me to join the group
Cheers!
Another option for side stand is to use a triumph sidestand ( best to try to find a genuine one as have seen examples of repos breaking ) Neal Videan has the attachment part I think details might be in the add he puts in MPH

Attachments

• 8949617F-74A6-4A72-B045-3C382A3E5185.jpeg
    8949617F-74A6-4A72-B045-3C382A3E5185.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 18