Welcome to new forum website member, Chris W

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Chris W - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Chris W

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I live in York UK and I'm in the progress of buying a vincent , my father had one in the 50s and does not stop going on about them , this got me hooked from a very early age and had it drummed into me . I have been a biker all my life , I'm still only young in the classic bike world 44 years old. I have a selection of bikes a Norton, 2 x BSAs, Ducati and a triumph (modern one ) .

My dear friend passed away late last year , surprisingly we made friends because of the vincent he owned. Anyway after he passed I have been helping his family to sell a collection of bikes and cars he owned. He didn't ride the bike much and only under 3k miles in 14 years.

To cut a long story short I have ended up holding his vincent rapide to help sell for them, but I seem to of fallen in love with it , after some slight recomission and a few things that need fixing nothing to bad as he was a very good competent mechanic. So now we have come to a deal and will hopefully be a owner of a Rapide series C pending sale of other bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Chris, welcome to the club, we have a section that meets in York, normally on the first Tuesday of the month at the Bay Horse in Fulford, but in the present circumstances all meetings are cancelled.
There are several members nearby, no doubt someone else will contribute, but I'm 50 miles from you.
Chris Launders.