Welcome to new forum website member, Cannop

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Cannop - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Cannop

Forum User
VOC Member
I've always been a fan of the marque, ever since my schooldays. Back then my physics teacher owned a Comet which was a non runner stored in a number of tea crates in his garage. I pestered him for three years to sell it to me but of course he never did. When I left school I had a succession of Triumphs, BSA's, Royal Enfields even a Velocette and Matchless but never graduated to a Vincent.

I'm currently riding a BMW R1200RLC but I've never forgotten the yearning I had for that comet!

I'm hoping to be in the market for the larger v twin in a year or two so I thought I'd better start boning up on what is desirable in the way of modifications and what the common problems are. I've a whole lot of learning to do!

Of course before I can seriously start looking there's the fact I've got to find the perfect house for the wife with the perfect garage/workshop/storage for me. A minor detail!

Cannop

Forum User
VOC Member
I should also declare that John Stainton re-ignited my interest in Vincents. I've serviced some wristwatches for him over the past couple of years and our emails unsurprisingly ended up discussing Vincents. Looking at photographs he sent me of his magnificent solo and combination raised my pulse and got me thinking I really should make a plan, do some research and eventually get myself one.

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
When the time comes to buy asking John's specific advice on any prospective machine would be a good plan and if you are in his area try to drag him to viewings. If he can test ride for you you'll avoid many of the risks of buying a machine that isn’t ready to be ridden.