Welcome to new forum website member, Bryan Lingard

Bryan Lingard

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Ron. I like to keep the history on all my bikes. It would apear I am only the second owner fron new although Barry did get a new V5 when he sold his number. Sad but we all have to do things like that to make ends meet. I had to sell my bike. It broke my heart. The C15 never did match up to the Rapide but it got me to work without letting me down.
Barrys bike is a good on. Runs like a sewing machine after fyiting two new carbs. It starts first press of the button and virtualy ticks over within a minute.. I just need to sort out the clutch ( multiplate) which is grabbing too much. Im going to turn it into a wet clutch which should sort the thing out. Best regards Bryan

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Barry and Bike at a West London meeting,
Cheers Bill.
Just found it on the Forum Photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 21

Bryan Lingard

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Bob Thanks for the picture. Nearly got the bike finished for the road. Just got to sort out the multiplate clutch. It's either on or off. Going to try running it as a wet clutch or replace the plates if I can find out what they are from.
Regards Bryan

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Bryan there is a search thingy, Top right hand corner of the screen,
If you type "multi plate clutch", you may find some info,
I have been told all you have to do with some of the multi type is clean them off
and wipe the plates with thin oil, Just wipe them again and it lasts a season ?.
Not done it myself !, Some people try and run them in oil and they slip !.
Good luck, Bill.

A lot of us have found the standard clutch is very good !!, And light to use,
If you know how to set it up and can keep the oil OUT !!.

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
Hello Bryan, I have just made the copy of 2003 and 2006 West London meets which feature short clips of Barry with his Rapide. i will post the DVD to you in the next couple of days.
Sorry for the delay but it is a very busy time for us at the moment. The footage was recorded on a Sony video camera, all a bit old hat now and not as sharp as I would like but not too bad. Ron.
P.S. My brother Bill Thomas is also on the film, I will have to try to point him out !

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
Hello Bryan, forgot to put the caption on for the photo ! This was taken at the Vancouver International Rally. We had just got off the ferry from Vancouver Island and were waiting for another friend to catch up.
L to R. Barry and Sheila, Ron and Linda, Don and Barbara.

RonandLinda

VOC Membership Secretary
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
Hello Bryan, if you study the photo you will see that Don and Barbara are on a bike with Canadian plates.
Robert Watson kindly lent them a 'B' Rapide ( i think ) but they are West London section stalwarts.
Don sadly died some years ago. Ron.