Welcome to new forum website member, Bill Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Oh come on, It was the 60s !.
With my Back, Don't think I could ride it now !.

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_083123 (3).jpg
    IMG_20201203_083123 (3).jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 18

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
They make a big difference to speed, If you can stand the noise,
I had a very narrow George Brown one after, but never fitted it, 20" at widest point !,
=Not a lot of steering lock,
But had a Friend who had one on a 500 goldie on the road !.

timetraveller

VOC Member
DMD fairing I think. One of my pals fitted one and asked me to take the bike for a ride. It was not raining but the road was wet. It was like a mobile vacuum cleaner. It sucked all the water off the road and aimed it at the rider. Also, when wind tunnel tested by Peter Gerrish it turned out that the two air scoops at the side did not pick up air as the nose deflected the air past the entrance to the scoops.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It was a head turner, When I was coming up fast behind people, They got out the way !!,
The Red Bomb ! :D .

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
1996 at Conway's a gent came in with one on a Shadow and was going to have a rebuild, I was admiring it and said borrow it I won't be using it for a few months, had to also borrow a set of front stand plates as running a Scintilla mag, my exhaust nuts kept coming loose and tightened them by hand ruining a set of gloves but it was night time and fowl weather and having to go via Southampton topped up with fuel beating into an S.W. gale tucked in behind the screen I thought it was bloody great DMD got home and didn't even turn on reserve, Two days later after I removed my "B" heads returned to Conway's & Robin Jeffries put bronze threaded inserts into them. showing it off to my mate Terry Hobbs (Plymouth bike tuner) extolled over the quality of the design offered to get a plug made from it and got two fairings made laid up, seeing Phil Primmer shortly after he told me the scoops were in the wrong place and said the GRP wheel arch from a Vincent would work better as he makes them so I got another two fairings made up in white this time, never fitted yet as still collecting screens as the Tilly's had one that I blagged off them. Job for the future but the speed increase was 10 MPH faster at same throttle setting.
bananaman.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I used to Sprint my road going Vincent Twin in 2 classes, Production and the racing class,
I would have loved to put the George Brown fairing on, But we didn't do many flying 1/4 mile meetings,
And I don't think they would allow it in the production class.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
This thread is no longer relevant to the title. Please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.