Welcome to new forum website member, Andy Android

Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club

Well Known and Active Forum User
Staff member
Non-VOC Member
@Andy Android - welcome to the online forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

We love to know a bit more about our new members, so please take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself to the other members.

www.vincentownersclub.co.uk is more than just a forum, we're a worldwide community of Vincent Motorcycle enthusiasts, and we're keen to help anyone with an interest.

Do you have a bike?
Are you looking for a bike?
What's your interest in the marque?

Andy Android

New Forum User
VOC Member
Hi All and thanks for this great resource of info.
I've recently purchased a Vincent Rapide, 1948/1949 series C non-matching UFM and RFM frame numbers, and a series D engine which I was told has been worked to Black Shadow specs. The Engine was never stamped with a Vincent number and has an Australian VP engine number. It would appear the bike was re-built from at least two others with a new engine. The bike has been sitting static for 40 years but is in great condition except for a clutch full of oil and a lot of perished rubber that needs replacing. I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road. Be great to hear from anyone who has any history on this bike. The previous owner had it on display and never rode it in the over 40 years he owned it, Before that I was told it was in Preston Victoria. Cheers, AndrewView attachment 45903
Before Resto.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Andy my handsome, good luck with your new acquisition I'm sure there are VOC members near by get them them to look it over and don't buy new stuff as there should be plenty of serviceable junk about as some owners waste money as they want the best all the time but really the old stuff is quite adequate.
bananaman.