Weight of a Speedway Vincent

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Grey one, I have spoken to Bill Veitch and he will loan the engine to the club for the rally. He said as a young man a guy surname Baker \,raced at Dunedin speedway on a speedway Vincent engine, he was impressed, and he ordered one from Len Perry the NZ Vincent dealer and grey Flash racer Les old Grey Flash is owned by a English guy that lives in Japan.

A_HRD

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Those weights seem very high as my racer with no magnesium except the gearbox (which weighs nearly as much as a stock AMC box) weighs 285 lbs.

David

Don't forget David that the weights I quoted are for the std iron A Comet and TTC (the bronze head on the latter being just as heavy as the iron one on the std - more probably if you add the weight of the brass TT carb and float chamber!). Series A's are way too heavy and there is massive scope to reduce the weight - which I have done with mine.

The A/B Speedway bike will have been much lighter (I have a photo of one somewhere, but not being organised like you are I am unable to find it). My guess is around the low to mid 300s, but It would be interesting to know for sure. Vibration? - probably, yes!

Peter

Last edited by a moderator: