Website

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Tried , video appears to load 100 percent (orange bar) the video number appears with a line through it. In the meantime, having put it on YouTube, I used my PC to copy the link into conversation and it worked. I very rarely post video on the forum so dont waste any more of your time Graham, I'll use the YouTube route when I need to.
Thanks for your help an patience.
Regards Mac

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Is that why they call it a " Man Cave " :) , Quick before the cold comes.
Me too, I have never worked so hard, Trouble is, I forgot to put the Flywheels in my 560 !.
Cheers Bill.

Gary Gittleson

VOC Member
I've been wondering if the search feature on the site could be enhanced. What would be great is if it could accept Boolean logic. That is to say, ways to force the search to include certain words and exclude others.

Suppose for example, that one wishes to see what's been said about Series B Shadows. Searching for exactly that ("Series B Shadow") will include any posting containing the letter "B", as well as any posting containing "Shadow" etc. Very few posts are excluded from that list. Here's and example of the result of this search:

------------------------------------------------------------
1952 Vincent 498cc Comet

Frame no. RS/1/10788 Engine no. F5AB/2A/8493 • Single-cylinder Vincent • 90mph top-speed • Comes with two engines • Found after 30 years sitting in a dry warehouse Unlike in pre-war days, when the first Vincent-HRD v-twin – the Series A - had been created by, in effect, combining two of the...

-------------------------------------------------------------
The letter "b" and/or the word "Series" pulled it in.

If the site has this capability and I missed it, I'd love to know where it is and how to use it.

Gary

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes short strings are a problem I don'ty know if inverted comma enclosures help when I last tried exclusion with - that current work either Graham will tell us I hope