Website

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I went to my PC to send Gary Glitterson some pictures of my bike to him via a conversation. I normally use my smart phone or tablet but the pictures I wanted to use were on the PC.
I logged in only to find the a large blurry round version of my avatar covering most of the page. I couldn't get rid of it so left the site only to find my screen background had changed to my avatar but this time square and about 1cm across.
Any idea how I can fix this so I can use my PC to access the forum?
Mac

G

Graham Smith

It sounds as though it's something to do with your browser.

I've never heard of that before.

Does it happen with 'say' Firefox?

G

Graham Smith

Don't know, never used firefox but havent had this problem before, using explorer.

It really does sound as though it's something to do with the browser installed on your computer.

Is there an option to clear the cache or reset it?

I see you use the Chrome browser on your mobile device, are you able to try Chrome on your PC?

macvette

Non-VOC Member
It really does sound as though it's something to do with the browser installed on your computer.

Is there an option to clear the cache or reset it?

I see you use the Chrome browser on your mobile device, are you able to try Chrome on your PC?
Downloaded Firefox and tried Chrome. Both worked on PC. I used Explorer/ Bing on the PC to go to the forum ( not often) and this is the first time I've had a problem. Probably need a new laptop, the PC is running Vista! Thanks Mac

G

Graham Smith

Downloaded Firefox and tried Chrome. Both worked on PC. I used Explorer/ Bing on the PC to go to the forum ( not often) and this is the first time I've had a problem. Probably need a new laptop, the PC is running Vista! Thanks Mac
Maybe not need a new laptop, but there definitely seems to be something wrong with it.

I'd try resetting the browser or preferences.

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Maybe not need a new laptop, but there definitely seems to be something wrong with it.

I'd try resetting the browser or preferences.
Another question, I took a short video of my bike to send through converstion. When I tried to attach it, a message popped up to the effect that it was the wrong format. I used my smart phone to take the video and it's mp4. What format does the forum accept and how can I reformat the video to suit ?
Thanks Mac