Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It is nice to see motorcycle couples in their matching outfits:

Monkey.jpg

David

davidd

VOC Member
I would say that is a pejorative, but it is true. I don't know about elsewhere, but in the east here the side car folks have tried hard to change the use from "monkey" to "passenger' or even "swinger."

I hope you noticed that the inside of the windscreen was upholstered. That shows real commitment to the decor.

David

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I would say that is a pejorative, but it is true. I don't know about elsewhere, but in the east here the side car folks have tried hard to change the use from "monkey" to "passenger' or even "swinger."

I hope you noticed that the inside of the windscreen was upholstered. That shows real commitment to the decor.

David
I certainly didn't intend to be offensive or have my remark be in anyway construed as derogatory. If I have caused anyone offense I do apologize.
Steven

timetraveller

VOC Member
Over here, on the east side of the Atlantic (the UK) where I used to passenger in a sidecar outfit I certainly would not have minded being referred to as a 'Monkey' and personally I still use the term for racing sidecar passengers. I do not imagine that there are many Vincent owners who are delicate little petals who would be offended by being referred to as 'monkeys'. I also occasionally use it as a term of endearment to some of my lady friends and they seldom beat me about the head for using the term. Relax!!

highbury731

VOC Member

David
The term 'swinger' has connotations of its own....
Paul