We have a winner!!

Bracker1

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good news from the USA. We are producing some of the finest machines ever. I found out last night that Paul Teutal Jr. is the best bike builder in the world beating out Jesse James. This according to the Discovery Channel. Take that rest of world. The winning bike uses wooden spoke wheels and has a 3/4 gallon fuel cell that will allow 20 miles of driving dominance. I believe the losing bike had a hard tail, ape hanger and built entirely by hand.(with a Harley V motor and Electric start!!!!!!!!) . I can't believe it. Jesse said he is leaving Hollywood to focus on his motorcycles, possibly using something called shocks for his latest masterpieces. I will keep everyone posted on these World's Best Motorcycles. Sad I don't own one of them, Dan :eek:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.H. L. MenckenUS editor (1880 - 1956)With all respect to our colleagues,associates and friends in America.

Last edited:

nobby

VOC Member
Antiques Roadshow? Lunatics Roadshow you mean...
30034_Paul-Jr-Build-off-bike-02901.jpg
Click the image

jim burgess

VOC Member
Is it art or a motorbike? what does it HAVE to do? What's the spec' ? I love freedom... An excellent example of the "art of evolution".
jim burgess

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
But you don't want to ride it !!, I have been watching the telly with these blokes, Trying to get my keeness back, But some of the stuff ! They built a back wheel you could bend with your hands, Even the old feller said he didn't want to ride it, But i'm told some of it is for the Telly !! Cheers Bill.

Howard

VOC Member
Is it art or a motorbike? what does it HAVE to do? What's the spec' ? I love freedom... An excellent example of the "art of evolution".
jim burgess

The art hasn't evolved far to H-D engine and whatever it's bolted to.

When I was a kid I took the paint off a petrol tank with a blowlamp, but I've never been daft enough to run an exhaust through one!

H

Black Flash

VOC Member
I loved to watch this series in German television, while some of the humor gets lost because its dubbed. Something that never stops to amaze me is how they built these very very expensive to buy bikes.
I am drilling holes all over the bike, using aircraft alloy, 10 mm thin walled tube for mudguard stays, even turning heads down or tapering the heads of allen screws to reduce the weight of the bike wherever possible... you got the picture, have you ? ( some say a diet would be much less work and more efficient)

those guys drill through freshly chromed or painted parts to help assembly, fabricate mudguard stays from solid 1/2" steel rods etc...
those bikes must weigh tons.

But then maybe that is the american dream ??

Bernd