Way to go, Stevenage!

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
League Two team Stevenage knocked Premier League team Newcastle out of the FA cup today, winning the match 3-1. The Fox Soccer channel here in the states actually showed the game live. For those like me outside the UK, I'll adopt Stevenage as my 'home' team to root for.

Albervin

VOC Member
Steve, there will much wrist slashing up North. Next week Newcastle will wear an all white strip to signify they have given up..... No longer magpies but albino chickens....

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Stevenage's run is over after a loss to Reading, oh well. Go Arsenal, my Premiere League favorite.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
This year, Stevenage beat Reading to get to the fourth round, and today they beat Notts County to make it to the round of 16.

Rodders

Non-VOC Member
I think you'll find that Stevenage beat Notts County 1-0 in the F A Cup on Sat, Newcastle did loose though, Brighton beat them 1-0.

Rodders.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Hey Rodder, look carefully, a couple of the earlier posts are from last year.

Len Matthews

VOC Member
Come on chaps, there's enough nauseating claptrap about soccer in the media and on TV. I never expected to find more of it on the Forum. Let's stick to motorcycling matters and Vincents in particular.

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Pardon me, but the subject did say non-Vin content. Simply ignore it if you like. Some of us do have interests outside of motorcycles and Vincents. I will move it to a more appropriate category. I just thought people might like to show a little support for the town where our bikes were built.

Last edited:

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Football and Vincent, Nah!

I last ( was forced to ) played football for the St. Brendans Hospital tean in August 1972, in goal. I let in 17 goals so that I was not chosen again! Sorry Touring Comet, but I will not support or even look at a bunch of overpaid racist namby pamby fickle untalented ? men who incite riotus behaviour even if they do ( how many I wonder ) come from Stevenage. One only has to look at the antics of that person from Pompey who is in court at present to see what state the so called game is in. Sorry, Rant Over. Phil Primmer. Motorcyclist.

vibrac

VOC Member
when forced to play the ridiculous game at school we were threated with hockey if we forgot our kit of course we did on purpose just to upset the PT teacher
I agree ET43 too much of the damn stuff on TV
The daft thing about the team game ethos is I doubt if anyone from Manchester plays in a Manchester team and forget about bank managers money what about the players wages ?
When Geoff Duke road for Norton's he was paid factory wages even though motocycle racing is one of the few sports as opposed to a jumped up kids game.
only 200 days till the real pain starts in London how about a few of the millions Olympics overspend they pinched out of our pockets being spent on amateur motor sport it costs £3000 to hire a circuit for a day I done see much legacy sport venues comming our way....