WANTED: Twin engine or cases etc.

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi to all, I was reading the recent post about building a Shadow from parts and had an epiphany, I don't ever see myself in a position of being able to buy a twin so I thought that maybe I could convert my (non matching numbers anyway) Comet into a twin.

I understand that a complete twin engine is going to be difficult to acquire or if ebay is any guide, at least way too expensive.

So I was hoping that there might be someone out there in UK or Oz or USA etc that might want to part with the beginnings of a major project, parts that you may have acquired over the past 60 odd years and are just gathering dust under a workbench - like Crank cases or fly wheels or con rods etc, I am not asking for donations guys, I would expect to pay a fair price for anything offered.

I have wanted a Vincent twin for 40 odd years and I think this is the only way I might afford one.

Regards
Kevin

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Redbloke, I don't think you should use that engine on e/bay as a yardstick on price, It has just come down £5000 and still not sold. As a lot of us are getting older I think there will be a lot more stuff for sale soon. Good Luck Bill.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Anything to start with guys?

I might be able to bring another twin back on the road....who cares if numbers don't match?
A set of cases could get the ball rolling.....as I said I am willing to pay a fair price..don't want anything for free guys
Kevin