• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

WANTED: Twin engine or cases etc.

redbloke1956

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi to all, I was reading the recent post about building a Shadow from parts and had an epiphany, I don't ever see myself in a position of being able to buy a twin so I thought that maybe I could convert my (non matching numbers anyway) Comet into a twin.

I understand that a complete twin engine is going to be difficult to acquire or if ebay is any guide, at least way too expensive.

So I was hoping that there might be someone out there in UK or Oz or USA etc that might want to part with the beginnings of a major project, parts that you may have acquired over the past 60 odd years and are just gathering dust under a workbench - like Crank cases or fly wheels or con rods etc, I am not asking for donations guys, I would expect to pay a fair price for anything offered.

I have wanted a Vincent twin for 40 odd years and I think this is the only way I might afford one.

Regards
Kevin

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Redbloke, I don't think you should use that engine on e/bay as a yardstick on price, It has just come down £5000 and still not sold. As a lot of us are getting older I think there will be a lot more stuff for sale soon. Good Luck Bill.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Anything to start with guys?

I might be able to bring another twin back on the road....who cares if numbers don't match?
A set of cases could get the ball rolling.....as I said I am willing to pay a fair price..don't want anything for free guys
Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.