VOC Spares Questions

jellywrestler

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Recently I placed an order with the VOC Spares Company and amongst it I ordered a gudgeon pin E8 and a Gudgeon pin Circlip.

There was no where to add any comments so I sent a note in one of the extra boxes asking whether the Circlips come in pairs, as I needed a pair.

Weeks later, I'm over the other side of the world in New Zealand, I received my package with no Gudgeon pin and one Circlip.

I've checked my order confirmation and the Gudgeon pin is on the order, there's no mention that it's in short supply.
What really guts me is these goodies arrived just after Christmas when i've actually got a welcome break and can sink my teeth into it all, and now I can't cause I'm short of bits.
I've no problem with them being out of stock of something but would think it's simple Courtesy to advise the inability to supply

Why can't they include a note section on the ordering system? and why can't they advise of a shortage of parts so I could've looked elsewhere?

On a positive note I did email them re Ring supply (they only listed individual rings components and I wanted a set) and they replied noting they had already supplied the individual components as a set, thanks for that.

jellywrestler

Non-VOC Member
TOP SERVICE for my latest parts order, off to the races up north banged out an order 7.30 am on a friday morning, came back and in the tuesday lunchtime post all my bits were in the letterbox.
Less than five days from order to on my workshop bench, and I'm in New Zeland.
Thanks folks.
I will also mention that Michelle from the Spares Co had contacted me re my first post pretty well as soon as it was up offering to send second clip FOC thanks Michelle.

Still would like to see an extra box on the order form for comments related to any orders placed.

Albervin

VOC Member
TOP SERVICE for my latest parts order, off to the races up north banged out an order 7.30 am on a friday morning, came back and in the tuesday lunchtime post all my bits were in the letterbox.
Less than five days from order to on my workshop bench, and I'm in New Zeland.
Thanks folks.
I will also mention that Michelle from the Spares Co had contacted me re my first post pretty well as soon as it was up offering to send second clip FOC thanks Michelle.

Still would like to see an extra box on the order form for comments related to any orders placed.
Is the Concorde flying mail to NZ?? :)

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
I use UPS (United Parcel Service) they have offices in most places in the world. operate 224 large cargo planes run door to door service I do not insure as they have a excellent tracking system. no I do not work for them just get good service

John Cone

VOC Member
I recently bought some items from Holland which were sent via UPS. I tracked my parcel for 24hrs and when i looked at the traking again it said "it's on your doorstep". That's service.