VOC spare parts.

Phil Mahood

VOC Hon. Computer Officer
VOC Member
Great resolution for to the problem. Ian and John need a bit more help. Once again, the Forum has been a great tool to work through a problem.

workshop998

Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOCSC - postal delays

So far the UK postal dispute does not seem to have had much effect on Spares Company business, either mail coming in or parts going out. The next action is scheduled for Saturday, by which time I hope Jan you will have received your order.

The 'Parcelforce' operation is not affected by the strike - but is quite an expensive option. Ian Savage is investigating other courier services, which may turn out to be more cost effective even once the industrial action is over.

Dick Wheeldon

Tnecniv Edipar

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Try the following web site to get a good deal on a delivery service ,
www.freightalerts.co.uk

My hobbies and interests mean that I buy and sell a fair amount on ebay and I was sick of the inflated prices charged by the well known companies. This web site allows a sender or receiver to post up even a single delivery or collection and all the participating companies , which range from man with a van to large companies , can see the job and contact with an offer for it. Many of the items I buy are heavy pieces of electronic test equipment from 15 to 50 kg and Parcel Force , Parcel to Go or similar companies want ridiculous prices , but , just last week I had a 40KG item collected from Somerset and delivered 2 days later to me in Worcester for £15 !!
You can also post up a requirement for ongoing , regular work and you will get even better prices and more companies interested.
This is a good site for anyone who needs almost anything collecting or delivered , and I have never in the 18 months so far of using it had a problem.

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In the US, there is a similar site uship.com

Try the following web site to get a good deal on a delivery service ,
www.freightalerts.co.uk

My hobbies and interests mean that I buy and sell a fair amount on ebay and I was sick of the inflated prices charged by the well known companies. This web site allows a sender or receiver to post up even a single delivery or collection and all the participating companies , which range from man with a van to large companies , can see the job and contact with an offer for it. Many of the items I buy are heavy pieces of electronic test equipment from 15 to 50 kg and Parcel Force , Parcel to Go or similar companies want ridiculous prices , but , just last week I had a 40KG item collected from Somerset and delivered 2 days later to me in Worcester for £15 !!
You can also post up a requirement for ongoing , regular work and you will get even better prices and more companies interested.
This is a good site for anyone who needs almost anything collecting or delivered , and I have never in the 18 months so far of using it had a problem.