VMCC Relay Rally

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Had a great day out yesterday with the vintage club, set off from Rotherham(Sheffield section stop) with my mate on his SS100 down to the Notts & Derby section then round Burton, North Staffs and Manchester & High Peak sections and back across Woodhead back home, 185 miles of great roads, weather and company wherever we went. Saw several other Vincents out and about, Recommend this event highly.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes pity its not every year its a great idea from the sections I suppose we could complain in the VMCC mag but I guess it wouldent be published I would put it on the VMCC Forum but.........

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Yes pity its not every year its a great idea from the sections I suppose we could complain in the VMCC mag but I guess it wouldn't be published I would put it on the VMCC Forum but.........
Titch talked for some time about finding something that would get riders on their old bikes and meet like minded people. He was so pleased when he told me he had come up with an idea and this was the Relay Rally. It is a simple idea that works and costs very little to administer. I personally think it is a bit of a slight on Titch to make what was initially an annual event biennial. I suppose it also relies on VMCC sections finding someone to run the checkpoints but surely sections could say if they are prepared to run a checkpoint annually.
Re: publishing. You don't see anything negative relating to the VMCC actually published in their journal.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes some nice comments on the crowded mallory 1000 Bikes and the cost of guests was neatly left out and unlike this august body they seem frit to have a forum the only one on the BHRC was killed and now the official site is about as good as a chocolate fire guard in informing compeditors whats going on.

cinquecento

Non-VOC Member
I pulled in at what I thought was to be my second check in just beyond Brands Hatch, after 5mins chatting to people on a v' nice array of of bikes it became apparent I was supposed to be half a mile up the road and this was just a regular sunday meet up at the caf'.
Anyhoos big thanks to riders that hung on to the end when the Comet wouldn't fire up, got home and turns out the clamping collar on the back of the ATD had crept out and the now loosely assembled ATD was causing the bob weights to lock in full advance.
Did someone worn me of the possible problems of using an ali' collar and that diffrent co efficients of expansion would cause me problems a few months back?