PR: Proprietary Items Visit to AVO UK Performance Suspension, Wednesday 13th March.

hadronuk

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As I'm sure most people are aware, AVO sell a full range of dampers and coilovers suitable for B, C, and D Series bikes.

For those interested to know more about the company, I have arranged for the Coventry section to visit the factory on 13th March, starting at 10am.
Club members from other sections are very welcome to join us.
We will see the manufacturing and assembly of AVO dampers and shock absorbers, with a focus on Vincent units in particular and the special attention they require. Also a look at testing methods.
Please arrive for 10 am start. Parking is limited, so if possible arrive by bike or shared car. We expect to finish at approximately 12 pm.
Lunch afterwards at the Britannia, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN4 7AA. (About 2 miles from AVO.)

Please contact me if you wish to join us, and this is essential if you are staying for lunch as the Britannia is pre-book only.

AVO are located at: Caswell Road, Brackmills Industrial Estate, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN4 7PW.
Directions to AVO: Exit the A45 Nene Valley Way at the Brackmills sign. Exit the A45 roundabout onto Rhosili road (dual carriageway but 30 mph with cameras!). Go straight on at the first roundabout onto Caswell Road. At the second roundabout, take the first left, still on Caswell road. Continue along Caswell road until the mini roundabout. Go straight across and AVO are on your right, slightly set back from the road.

If the AVO parking area is full, continue a short way along Caswell road and turn right into Reynoldston Close, and you should be able to park there.

Albervin

VOC Member
I thought AVO offered a front coil over for Series B but I just received an e-mail saying only Series C and D. Can you confirm that?

hadronuk

VOC Member
I thought AVO offered a front coil over for Series B but I just received an e-mail saying only Series C and D. Can you confirm that?
AVO cannot offer a front coilover at all. Because of the limited space for the spring, a front coilover needs to be based on a damper that can be inverted, but AVO dampers cannot be used inverted. AVO do have a front damper for Girdraulics, part number TA1447. I have been in detailed discussions with another manufacture about a front coilover for Girdraulics, but at present I don't know if it will go ahead.